Dentist for Kids in Wynnewood
Teaching children how to effectively and adequately take care of their teeth and overall oral health will determine how they care for their teeth when adults. We believe that starting healthy habits and practices young will help their teeth stay healthy for years and years to come. Seeing a dentist for kids that treat adults is convenient and best for kids’ oral health.
Children’s Dental Services
When it comes to helping kids with their oral health, you must utilize all preventative treatments and measures available. It can be challenging for kids to clean their teeth properly, but the difference will be made up by having additional preventative treatments. The services we have for kids include:
- Deep Cleaning: Like adults, we give children deep oral cleanings. We like to teach the child about the instruments and why we use them during their cleaning. Showing them what the tools do and how they clean their teeth will make them less nervous about receiving treatment. In each cleaning, a member of our team will help educate the child on the proper way to clean their teeth at home.
- Oral Examination: Along with dental cleaning, the child’s teeth need to be examined for any dental damage or decay. During this examination, Dr. Ledbetter will determine if any restorative treatment is necessary or not.
- Dental Sealants: A dental sealant is an extra preventative measure that can help prevent dental decay from occurring on the chewing surfaces of the child’s back teeth. If there is no decay, the tooth will be roughened dried, and the sealant will be placed. Sealant material is at the first liquid but then is hardened by a curing light. Sealants seal off the deep pits notorious for housing stuck food particles.
- Fluoride Treatment: Fluoride is a natural mineral found to strengthen the enamel of the teeth. Since this finding, dental practices worldwide have been offering fluoride treatments to help improve their patient’s teeth. Fluoride is available for all patients, regardless of age, but is highly recommended for children. Fluoride treatment can be performed after each bi-yearly dental cleaning. We also encourage our patients to use fluoridated toothpaste and mouthwashes to help slightly increase their fluoride intake.
- Restorative Dentistry: When restoring the tooth after damage or decay, Dr. Ledbetter will educate you on the best option. Depending on the child’s age and which teeth have been damaged, the restoration may be temporary. If your child’s tooth has suffered damage, don’t hesitate to contact one of our offices to schedule an appointment for treatment.
Why see a Dentist for Kids?
Seeing a dentist specializing in giving children dental treatment will make your child’s experience in the dental chair so much more comfortable and fun. Most children have anxiety and fear going to the dentist because of the sounds, environment, and not wanting things in their mouths. If this is your child, this response is entirely normal.
Dr. Ledbetter offers minor sedation dentistry for children to help them feel more relaxed during necessary dental procedures. Laughing gas is available for all patients but especially helps children feel more relaxed and comfortable.
Each member of our staff has been trained to help children throughout their experience in our office feel more comfortable and excited for dental treatment. Our priority is to help them develop a positive relationship with receiving dental care.
Call Wynnewood Family Dental, Today
If your child in the past has struggled with going to the dentist and receiving dental care, please give our office a call so we can help you improve their relationship. Oral health care can be complex with children, but we want to help you.